Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Another Cleveland Concert


Okay, well Gen and myself have just returned from the HOB in Cleveland. Tonight we saw three really good bands: opener mewithoutyou, co-headliner THRICE and the other headliner Brand New. So we got to the HOB around 630ish and started drinking immediately, Gen had three olives cherry and sprite and I had the usual Captain and 7up. The night kicked off with mewithoutyou, they played my favorite song "In a sweater poorly knit." So after a brief wait and two more Captain and 7up(s), the almighty THRICE took the stage. They played well over an hour and played hits such as "the artist in the ambulance," "stare at the sun," and closed with "the earth will shake." They played a great set, with a great mix of new and old songs. I cant wait for them to come back on a headlining tour. So up next is Brand New, a band that I have only see once but put on a phenomenal show. After a 20 minute wait, Brand New took the stage and opened with the radio hit "Sowing Season (Yeah)", and continued to play hits off their new cd God and Devil Are Raging Inside Me. Then Jesse Lacey (lead singer) jammed acoustic for a good half an hour. To me this slowed the show down tremendously and the crowd showed it, I think everyone was their for the more upbeat, older songs. But after the acoustic performance the rest of the band rejoind Jesse on stage and jammed classic "Sic Transit Gloria." Overall, I love Brand New to death but they had a weak set list and I mean weak. They left out key hits from Deja Entendu and Your Favorite Weapon cds. Personally, I think THRICE put on a better show and had a great set list.

Overall Show Rating 3/5

No comments: